Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Uuuuurrrrrsula has landed!

in a Bunderful Bunderful Bunderful...well, you get the idea...home.  We love you Kasey and Frank!
Ursula 3.jpgUrsula 2.jpgUrsula 1.jpg

Here's our Uuuurrrrsula's story (as told by Lisa E, our Resident Storyteller of Infinite Imagination...)

*crash**thump****thud**** !!!WOW!!!  that was me, Ursula climbing on the scale.  Mom shrieked 9 lbs 3 oz!!!! I haven't finished growing yet either!!!!!  I definitely have some giant genes.  Mom measured my length at 22 inches and my ears at 5.5 inches. I'm an absolutely stunning girl.  I'm childproof too.  No way would the little sweetpeas even dream of trying to hoist my large and gorgeous self without adult supervision.  Are we a match???  I'd love to meet you!!!

Silkily yours, Ursula.

Boyyyooooiinnggg!! Happy April!! It's me, Ursula, weighing in 3/15 at 8 lbs 7 oz., yes I definitely have large genes that allow me to do large binkies via my large, powerful legs. Even though I get extra pellets, I'm a chowhound. Look!! I need energy for those high flying leaps. I perform daily in the deluxe RabbitMatch Bunnyrun Theater. I'll be expecting you , OK?? My large, long ears are ever so silky and petable too. Your Best Bun, Ursula.

ZZZZZZ, snort, huh?? wake up?? Oh, it's Ursula here with my Feb '09 update. (sigh) I weigh 7 lbs 4 oz. Definitely about a pound of that weight has to be in my eeeenormous ears. They are totally HUGE. Mom will tell you I've taken to falling asleep on laps when I'm being petted. A definite plus for a nice-sized girl. I'm so relaxed around humans now. The RabbitMatch moms accomplish miracles, don't they?? Come see for yourself!!! Your lovable teddybear girl, OOOOOursula.


Hi!!  It's pronounced Ooooorsula.  I think my name fits me.  It's from ursus, latin for bear, but you knew that!!  I'm a hefty girl at about 7 lbs and I'm so shiny and black I look like a little bear. Now about my personality.....well, you see I really have been homeless for a few months.  You know, in terms of survival, it is good to be a black rabbit if you find yourself turned loose in the street.  I hid under bushes during the day, just another little shadow, yes??  I crept out at night to graze on anything green I could find. Sometimes I was very thirsty.  When dogs came by I made myself very flat and just barely moved my nose.

I really can't remember my former home.  That's probably best.   Like Stanislaus, being a black rabbit was an advantage while I   was on the street, fending for myself.  I weigh 6 lbs 12 oz and was born around 1/1/08.  I'm a lovely, gentle girl, sleek and shiny.  I'm  a bit sun bleached right now too but that'll change with my first shed. 

So here I am at RabbitMatch, man this is one giant step up!! There are adjustments to be made though.  Those human hands reaching for me are offering greens and pets, not ready to chomp me like predators, not predators, NOT predators.....new chant I need to learn. I think I was born around 4/1/08.  I'm just a sprite!!  More soon!!  Tentative nudges, your Ursula.

Posted via email from rabbitmatch's posterous

No comments: